We love nothing more than time spent outside with the children, walking the dogs, collecting sticks, spotting interesting things and watching the seasons change. So it's probably not surprising that we love books about nature too. Here's our list of favourites this Christmas. Stuck for last minute Christmas ideas? See if any of these tick a few off your list...
- The Lost Words – by Robert McFarlane and Jackie Morris is crammed with stunning water colour and gold leaf illustrations. It’s a wonderful celebration of nature and nature-words. Top of our Cupsmith Christmas list.
- A First Book of Nature by Nicola Davies (Author), Mark Hearld (Illustrator) showcases Mark’s wonderful illustrations – in fact this book is so delightful the grown-ups will want one too.
- This handy pocket sized game makes an outdoor treasure hunt, without technology, easy – Go Find It.
- *one of the many wonderful activities in 101 Things to do Outside by Dawn Issac. We guarantee you’ll refer to this through the whole year.
- For gorgeous illustrations, and words, The Little Guide to Trees is perfect and has facts children will love, such as the type of tree Robin Hood’s bow came from.